Foreigners Investing in U.S. Real Estate Service
I. U.S. Nonresident Alien Income Tax Return – Form 1040NR
If you have rental income from a U.S. property or realized a capital gain from the sale of a U.S. property, you are required to file a U.S. income tax return.
II. Individual Tax Identification Number (ITIN)
In order to file your U.S. income tax return, you must have an IRS-issued tax ID number also known as an ITIN.
III. FIPRTA Withholding Certificate
In addition to our tax preparation service, we can assist you with obtaining a FIRPTA withholding certificate that can be used to reduce the U.S. withholding tax upon the sale of your U.S. real property investment. This is a separately charged service. For more information on FIRPTA withholding, please visit our Foreigners Investing in U.S. Real Estate page.
Why Choose Expat Tax Professionals to Prepare Your Return?
At Expat Tax Professionals, our singular focus is client satisfaction. Our experienced team of CPAs ensure that your tax-filing experience is seamless and hassle-free and that your forms are timely filed and accurate.
The qualities that set us apart are:
1. U.S. Real Estate Focus – At Expat Tax Professionals, we have the experience and knowledge to address the needs of non-residents investing in U.S. real estate.
2. True Expertise – We only employ U.S. trained and licensed CPAs and U.S. tax attorneys. A licensed CPA prepares, reviews, and signs every return we file.
3. Painless Process – We understand you’re busy, so we’ve made it easy for you to work directly with a CPA using email and our secure site to upload documents. Your CPA is there to guide you every step of the way.
4. Flat Fee – Our pricing is simple and we provide a quote for services before we begin work. We’re all about transparency—there are no surprise fees or add-ons.
5. No Outsourcing – Unlike other companies, our expert staff does all your work in-house. We never outsource anything to a third party.
6. Safe and Secure – We take security very seriously. You can be rest assured that your information is always protected using 256-bit SSL for file transfers and 256-bit AES encryption for files at rest. This is the same security used by banks and many e-commerce sites such as Amazon.com.